But this is what unites us:
- We are caring, friendly, outgoing people who are fascinated by the rich diversity of humanity, with its many languages, cultures and perspectives.
- We are proud of our fierce commitment to excellence in teaching and in every detail of our work.
- We are passionate about helping people learn new things – most of all, that they are capable of more than they think and that there is more love and laughter within them than they knew.
- We are just as passionate about our own learning, as we constantly look for new ways to grow and new skills to develop.
- We believe community is what makes life worth living.We trust that if we are in service of life, life will serve us well.
What does CLC stand for?
There are practical reasons to learn a new language, but to us the bigger value is discovering the rich diversity of human culture. This is how we see the world – and ourselves – with new eyes.
With a proprietary teaching methodology, personalized lessons, fantastic teachers, and the smallest class sizes in town, we get you speaking with ease – fast. No one in Montreal does it better.
People tell us our school feels like home no matter where you’re from. This makes it easier to master a new language. But more than that, this sense of community makes life a little more meaningful.
CLC = Culture + Language + Connections
This formula is our passion and our offering to you.
What we care about most
We want many things from our work together: happy and successful students, a feeling of excellence and accomplishment, a thriving business, personal growth and recognition, a strong sense of community. But at the deepest level, we want to contribute to a world in which there is more joy, more understanding, more love. And to us, learning a language is a powerful way to do this:
- We create a space and an experience in which people can feel joy, understanding and love.
- And then, with greater ability to connect with others through language, our students leave us well-equipped to create even more joy, understanding and love in the world.
These are the things we care about most.
We care deeply about your success in learning, and about our own ability to support you well. Learning a language is a special collaboration between teacher and student. Both have responsibilities. Both shape the outcome. If both establish shared goals and clear expectations from the beginning of the relationship, success is more likely.
Our PRO values
We invite everyone who is part of the space to help cultivate an ideal learning environment where “everyone feels at home no matter where they’re from.” To help keep this a reality at CLC Montreal, we request all who partake in the space to abide by our PRO values: be positive and participative, respectful, open and open-minded.
Rich French & English environment
CLC Montreal’s primary goal is to help students achieve fluency and flourish in either of the two official languages of Canada. A key way we help students reach their linguistic goals is by creating an immersive environment that nurtures language growth both actively and passively. Students arrive expecting a space that communicates exclusively in English and French. When students speak other languages, it actually interferes with language acquisition of fellow students. And the impact isn’t one-way, switching languages has been shown to disrupt language learning for both the listener and the speaker. Beyond that, speaking a different language builds walls between students and unconsciously promotes cliques to form. Please help maintain an optimal learning experience and the harmony of the space by connecting only in English or French.