Enrollment in Level 107 or higher is required to meet the minimum language proficiency. ELS will accept one of the following as proof of proficiency:
ELS Pre-Arrival Test
Completion of ELS Level 106
Score of 52 on the TOEFL® iBT; 473 on TOEFL® PBT; IELTS™ Band 4.5
NOTE: All tests must have been taken within two years prior to ELS admission
The Complete Prep Program for the TOEFL® iBT includes:
- Complete 12-week prep course for the TOEFL® exam, with 30 lessons per week of intensive study
- Seat for the official TOEFL® iBT, taken in familiar surroundings at the end of the course at the ELS center
- Integrated academic skills curriculum, covering all English language skills needed to success on the TOEFL®
- ETS TOEFL® Practice Online (TPO) diagnostic test taken each four-week session, with instant scoring and feedback by ETS
- Latest practice test materials incorporated into lessons and language lab
- Most recent student textbooks for TOEFL® iBT
- ETS CriterionSM online writing evaluation service, with instant scoring and feedback by ETS
Please Note: 8-week and 4-week programs are also available at selected locations, but do not include a seat for the exam.
Prepare for the TOEFL® with six lessons per day including:
- 2 Lessons of Structure/Speaking Practice or Language Studies: Focus on listening, speaking, grammar skills, and integrated skills needed for the TOEFL® exam.
- 1 Lesson of TOEFL® iBT Practice in ELS’ Technology Language Center: Take actual TOEFL® iBT Practice exams using TOEFL® study materials and advanced listening software. You will receive an Individualized Learning Plan based on your specific language needs and TOEFL® iBT goals. You will also use ETS’ CriterionSM, an exclusive writing program that diagnoses problems and provides feedback on your writing.
- 1 Lesson of TOEFL® Reading/Writing: Read, discuss, and write about a variety of reading selections.
- 2 Lessons of TOEFL® iBT Prep: Put your newly learned skills to work by refining study techniques, discussing test-taking strategies, and practicing test formats.