Create your free profile and plan your trip with like-minded people around the world.
Sign in via Facebook
Sign in via Email
Sign in via Email:
I'm already in Blangua. Log in
Sign in via Email:
Have any questions? Ask school assistant:
Write a message in English, Español, Deutsch, Français, Русский, Italiano
To send your message, please
Sign in via Facebook
Please, tell us a little about yourself
Terms & conditions
PAYMENTS Payments may be made by bank transfer or credit card and must be received in full 14 days prior to the course start date. A deposit must be paid immediately upon booking. A booking confirmation will only be sent when a deposit has been received. Bank details are provided on the invoice. Payment must include all bank transfer charges (including intermediary bank charges).
VISAS - Payment must be received in full prior to any visa documents being issued. There is a charge of 70USD/75CAD/50GBP/55EUR each time documents have to be sent by courier. If a visa application is rejected and we receive written evidence at least 7 days prior to arrival, we will refund the fees received in full, less any bank charges and any non-refundable fees (tuition fee 150USD (US only), registration fee, courier fees and bank charges).
- A cancellation fee equivalent to 1 week of accommodation and tuition in addition to nonrefundable charges (above) will apply if we receive written evidence of visa rejection fewer than 7 days prior to arrival.
- Should EC receive positive visa application results fewer than 7 working days prior to arrival, EC reserves the right to offer alternative accommodation.
- Should the arrival day be postponed due to delayed visa applications EC cannot guarantee the original accommodation allocation.
- EC cannot be held responsible for decisions taken by embassies or immigration police regarding entry visas or visa extensions.
- Visa advice can only be given by the appropriate Embassy, Consulate or High Commission. Students should contact their local Embassy, Consulate or High Commission to ensure they are allowed to enter and study in their chosen location. Students must maintain a valid visa status and their course will be terminated without a valid visa. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the most updated regulations/processes are being followed. EC cannot be held responsible for any visa regulation changes which occur after the booking has been confirmed in compliance with the then existing regulations.
US only: EC is authorised under federal law to enrol non-immigrant students. By law, to issue the I-20 form, with the enrolment form EC must receive: the student’s home address, a copy of the student’s passport, proof of sufficient funds to meet tuition and living expenses through a current bank statement or letter from either the student’s, sponsoring person’s or institution’s bank. Sponsors must also provide an affidavit of support.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATION FEES - Written notification of cancellation must be submitted in order to provide refunds. All refunds are made to the original fee payer.
- If EC cancels a programme after a student’s enrolment, EC will refund all monies already paid.
- Students who require a visa/temporary residence permit may not be able to shorten their course due to the terms of their visa/temporary residence permit.
- In the event that a refund is due, prorated refunds will be calculated on a weekly basis. When determining the number of weeks, EC will consider a partial week the same as if a whole week were completed, provided the student was present at least one day during the scheduled week.
- All students attending an EC Centre in the US will be subject to the destination-specific applicable State Enrolment & Refund Agreement policies. Should EC’s refund policies differ from state agreements, refunds will be processed according to the state policies, available upon request in each centre.
Accommodation cancellation prior to arrival All schools:
- EC accommodation: Students cancelling fewer than 14 days before arrival will be charged a one week accommodation fee at the standard accommodation rate and accommodation placement fee.
- Non-EC accommodation (i.e. accommodation contracted by EC through external suppliers) have different cancellation terms. For hotels and selfcatering apartments booked through EC but not featured in the EC Price List, reservations must be cancelled 30 days prior to arrival to avoid a cancellation fee which may amount to the full stay charge. For this reason we remind you that in cases of hotel or self-catering apartment bookings, payment in full is expected one month prior to arrival. EC will inform you of the booking terms when confirming the booking.
Accommodation cancellation after arrival Students leaving their accommodation must give notice in writing 4 weeks prior to termination. After deducting the price of accommodation used, including the required notice period, charged at standard accommodation rates, students will be refunded the remaining accommodation costs.
If the 4 week notice period is not provided a cancellation fee equal to 4 weeks of the accommodation cost will apply.
Please note: Certain accommodation options may be subject to special cancellation charges. Should these differ from above, students will be notified at the time of cancellation.
Cancellation prior to arrival
- To students cancelling 14 days or fewer prior to the course or accommodation start date (whichever comes first), or to students who have had their visa application rejected, EC will refund fees received in full less nonrefundable charges (registration fee, accommodation placement fee, courier fees and student insurance fees) – the value of these fees vary according to region, the costs are listed for each school in the price list.
- The refund will be made within 45 days.
Vancouver: For updated policy visit: http://www. ecenglish.com/en/school-locations/canada/learnenglish- in-vancouver/policy-documents
Students who enter the US on an I-20 obtained through EC who either cancel their course prior to the course start date or who never attend their course will be charged the following fees:
- For a programme of 12 weeks or less; all tuition charges for up to 4 weeks, any accommodation charges incurred and any non-refundable charges (US $160 registration fee, US$85 accommodation placement fee, US$75 courier fees, and US$19 student insurance fees)
- For a programme of 12 weeks or more; all the tuition charges for up to six weeks of the first term/session, any actual accommodation costs incurred by the institution, any non-refundable charges (US$160 registration fee, US$85 accommodation placement fee, US$75 courier fee and US$19 student insurance fee)
Course cancellation, reduction after arrival or “no shows”:
For courses of 4 weeks or fewer, lessons cannot be cancelled. Tuition fees are not refundable.
For courses of 5 weeks & over:
- Students must advise EC by the Friday prior to course termination at the latest.
- Students who terminate their course in the first 4 weeks: will be refunded all tuition except the first 4 weeks (at the non-discounted rate in EC Price List).
- Students who terminate their course after the 4th week, but before the mid-point of the original course duration: will be charged a prorated amount of tuition at the non-discounted rate found in the EC Price List.
- Students who terminate their course after the midpoint of their course will not be refunded.
Refund Due Dates - For students cancelling before arrival, refunds will be made within 45 calendar days of the first scheduled day of class or the documented date of cancellation, whichever is earlier.
- For students cancelling after arrival, the refund due will be paid within 45 calendar days from the last day of a student’s attendance.
- Any refunds due will be paid to the person or organisation who originally paid the fees.
CHANGES TO ENROLMENT EC reserves the right to charge an administration fee of 150CAD/50GBP/80EUR each time the course, accommodation or centre is changed or postponed after EC has confirmed the initial enrolment. This also includes requests for changes whilst the student is at school. (Not applicable in the USA).
SESSION BREAKS Session breaks are dependent upon destination, course duration and visa requirements and are subject to EC’s session break policy, available from: http://partners.ecenglish.com/sessionbreakpolicy.pdf
PUBLIC HOLIDAYS 2016 - FALLING ON A WEEKDAY: All EC centres will be closed on Public Holidays. Centres do not make up for lessons missed on these dates. Exceptions are made for One-to-One lessons, which will be made up. There is no refund for lessons missed.
Published course start dates fall on a Monday. If this day is a public holiday, the course will begin on the following working day.
CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS 2016/2017 Schools will be closed from 26 Dec 2016 to 02 Jan 2017 (inclusive). Lessons will not be made up on these days.
REDUCTION OF LESSONS EC reserves the right to reduce the number of lessons in a class due to insufficient number of students. The lessons may be reduced as follows:
- General 20/Exam 20/Academic Year 20/Semi-Intensive 24: If 1-3 students in class lessons reduced to 10 lessons/week; If 4-6 students in class lessons reduced to 15 lessons/week
- Mini Group 20/Business English Mini Group 20: If 1-3 students in the class lessons reduced to 15 lessons/ week
- Intensive/Exam 30/Academic Year 30: If 1-3 students in class lessons reduced to 15 lessons/week; If 4-6 students in class lessons reduced to 20 lessons/week
- Mini Group 30/ Business English Mini Group 30: If 1-3 students in the class lessons reduced to 20 lessons/week
- Club 50 : If 1-3 students in class - courses change to standard Mini Group 20 and the social programme will change slightly
LEVEL OF ENGLISH/FRENCH If a student does not have the minimum level of English/French required to follow a specific course, as determined by EC’s Placement Test, EC reserves the right to move the student to an appropriate course for their level.
SCHOLARSHIPS Recipients of scholarship or government grants should expect to pay a deposit to the school they are attending in cases where reimbursement to the school is not provided prior to the student commencing their course.
TRANSFERS Flight details including: arrival time, flight numbers, airline and point of origin must be advised 7 days prior to arrival in order for EC to provide airport transfers. No refunds will be granted on transfers if flight details are not sent to EC at least 7 days prior to arrival. Airport transfer fees include a maximum of 1 hour waiting time. In the event of delays exceeding 1 hour, students will be charged the additional fee at the school.
CLASS INFORMATION - Courses run from Monday to Friday and are scheduled in the morning and/or afternoon. Specific timetables cannot be guaranteed.
- Special focus classes, free language workshops and language activities may vary between centres and are subject to change due to availability.
- Private lessons will be scheduled subject to teacher/ classroom availability.
- EC reserves the right to use classrooms in alternative premises of a similar standard.
ACCOMMODATION - Students arriving between 20.00 – 08.00 may be asked to book alternative accommodation in a hotel on their first night due to late/early arrival at accommodation. Some accommodation options may charge late arrival surcharges, this information is available on request.
- Where possible special dietary requirements will be accommodated. Availability and any applicable fees will be confirmed upon request.
- EC may use carefully selected partners to house students with suitable Homestay providers.
- Students must arrive at Homestay accommodation before 22:00. Students arriving after 22:00 may be asked to book alternative accommodation in a hotel on their first night due to late/early arrival at Homestay. Applies to Homestay in all destinations except Malta.
SUPERVISION Please note EC does not provide supervision for students who book an adult course.
EXPULSION EC reserves the right to expel students for unacceptable or unlawful behaviour or lack of attendance. No refund will be given and any unpaid fees become immediately payable. Repatriation is at student’s own expense. EC requires that students maintain an attendance level of a minimum of 80% or greater.
PHOTOGRAPHY & FILMING Students agree that photographs, videos, artwork or other works, as well as recorded or written testimonials; may be used, stored or transferred internationally by EC, or by a third party agent, for promotional purposes including printed and online marketing materials and on any social media network without further consent or notification. If students do not wish to participate, EC will respect their wishes but it is the student’s responsibility to absent themselves from the photograph/video.
HEALTH DECLARATION Students must report any mental or physical illness, allergy, disability or condition that may interfere with their ability to successfully complete their programme, that may impact the wellbeing of any other student or staff member, that may require monitoring, treatment or emergency intervention during the student’s period of enrolment, or that may require special accommodation. EC reserves the right to terminate a student’s enrolment if the students’ participation represents a risk to their, other students or staff members’ health and safety, or if, notwithstanding reasonable accommodations, in the opinion of EC, the student’s physical or mental condition makes the student unable to successfully complete their programme. Refunds are at the discretion of EC.
DAMAGE TO PROPERTY Students must pay the full cost of any damage they cause to property. Damge deposits may apply to certain accommodation options. These are payable upon arrival, or the first day of school.
INSURANCE Student Insurance is available from EC: UK and Malta: Combined health and travel insurance. US, Canada and Cape Town: Health insurance only.
- For detailed information on the insurance policies above, please refer to your EC contact or the EC Partners Site.
- Students must have adequate health, accident and travel insurance while attending any programmes. EC schools in the US and Canada require students to show a proof of health insurance upon arrival. Where proof is not available, students must immediately purchase at least one week’s insurance from EC. EC reserves the right to claim this cost from uninsured students, and during this week students must purchase insurance for their entire stay. Uninsured students may not attend class until proof of insurance is available, and will not be refunded for lost class time.
- EC insurance is compulsory for students attending On-Campus schools.
LIABILITY EC and its staff and representatives will not be liable for loss, damage or injury to persons or property howsoever caused, except where liability is expressly imposed by law. EC will not be liable in the event that any service contracted to be supplied by EC becomes impossible to supply for any reason or any cause outside the control of EC.
FORCE MAJEURE EC will not be responsible for any failure to comply with any of its obligations (and therefore shall not be required to provide any compensation) if the failure is occasioned by any cause beyond EC’s reasonable control. Nor shall EC be responsible for any costs incurred by or on behalf of the student as a result of any such cause. Such causes shall include but shall not be limited to act of government, war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, unusually adverse weather conditions and infectious diseases.
ON CAMPUS Students attending an on campus school are advised that campus facilities may not be available during campus holidays. On Campus schools may require students to provide a Health Declaration and Immunization form in advance of arrival.
AGENTS EC Terms and Conditions are applicable to all students and agents representing students.
VALID PRICES Prices are valid from 1 January 2016. Prices are subject to change without notice and will be confirmed upon invoicing.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS The current EC Terms and Conditions supersede any previous Terms & Conditions that were applicable at the time of student’s booking.
English in the City from $815 – EC (Los Angeles, United States) – Reviews of language school – Free bookingIf you are looking to develop fluency, target core skills, and truly experience your destination through its language, this dynamic course is your gateway to practical use of English.http://blangua.com/courses/1614-english-in-the-city
401 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 350, Santa Monica, CA 90401, USA,
This Special Focus Programme combines 20 lessons of General English with 10 lessons focused on language study inspired by your destination, for a complete intensive experience that is tailored to you and your personal reasons for learning.
Students enrolled in this course visit a number of fascinating locations, from stunning museums and inspiring galleries to successful local businesses and charming neighbourhoods all over the city.
Reasons to take this course
You want an experiential programme that gives you opportunities to interact with local people.
You want to learn about the history and culture of the city.
You want to learn English for everyday situations.
20 General English lessons + 10 English in the City lessons per week
Lesson length 45 minutes
Course certificate upon completion.
For beginners and advanced Min language level:A1. Beginner
Ideal for maximum results 30lessons per week
EC Los Angeles is a modern learning space, just 5 minutes’ walk from Santa Monica beach and two minutes from all the dining, shopping, and nightlife of famous 3rd Street Promenade.