Create your free profile and plan your trip with like-minded people around the world.
Sign in via Facebook
Sign in via Email
Sign in via Email:
I'm already in Blangua. Log in
Sign in via Email:
Have any questions? Ask school assistant:
Write a message in English, Español, Deutsch, Français, Русский, Italiano
To send your message, please
Sign in via Facebook
Please, tell us a little about yourself
Terms & conditions
All registrations are subject to the following conditions which become legally binding once the registration is confirmed by Brooklyn School of Languages.
1. Registration and booking All bookings submitted to Brooklyn School of Languages (BSL) are only accepted on receipt of written confirmation from BSL or its authorized representative. A $300 deposit per student is payable at the time of booking (individual or group bookings). Payment in full must be received a minimum of 28 days before the course start date, or immediately in the event of late booking (bookings made within 28 days of the start date). All payments must be in US dollars.
2. Cancellations and refunds Cancellations are subject to the following charges:
More than 28 days before course start date: A full refund will be made.Between 14 and 28 days before course start date: $300 administration fee.Less than 14 days before course start date: $300 administration fee and $300 accommodation deposit (if applicable).After course start date, no refund will be applicable for courses of 4 weeks or less.For courses longer than 4 weeks, students who terminate their course after 4 weeks but before or at the mid-point of the course, a pro-rated amount of tuition will be refunded.No refunds apply for courses cancelled after the mid-point.
Please note, refunds are calculated from the end of the last week the student attended classes at the non-discounted rate. Pro-rated refunds will be calculated on a weekly basis.
3. Visa support As our courses are all within the 18-hour per week limit set by the relevant US government departments, both our Adult courses and our Junior summer camp courses can be followed on a tourist visa, or ESTA if applicable. Where relevant, we will supply supporting documentation to enable students to secure tourist visas for the US.
4. Alterations by the student Any alterations by the student must be confirmed in writing and BSL will respond in writing. BSL recommend students arrange full insurance cover against possible cancellation charges.
5. Reduction in Lessons In the event that there are insufficient students to form a class, BSL reserves the right to offer the student individual classes as an alternative. The lessons maybe reduced as follows:
Standard course (20 lessons): reduced to 15 individual lessons (of 45 minutes in duration)Intensive course (24 lessons): reduced to 20 individual lessons (of 45 minutes in duration)Business English course (24 lessons): reduced to 20 individual lessons (of 45 minutes in duration)
6. Level of English If a student does not have the minimum level of English required to follow a specific course, as determined by the BSL placement test, BSL reserves the right to move the student to an appropriate course for their level.
7. Disciplinary and behavior issues. BSL reserve the right to refuse or exclude any person at any time prior to or during the operational dates of the centre if in the opinion of BSL, that person is incompatible with the general well-being and safe running of the center. This includes but isn't limited to criminal, abusive or violent behavior, putting themselves or others at risk, use of alcohol by minors, use of illegal drugs, refusal to follow the rules of the center. In this instance no refund will be given and any costs incurred, including damages, will be passed on to the student or their parents or their guardians, including any repatriation costs.
8. General 8.1 Arrangements and courses outlines in BSL publicity materials are given in good faith. However, courses, activities and timetables may be subject to change for reasons of safety, or in the event of unsuitable weather conditions or other factors, which may arise beyond our control. BSL reserve the right to change the particularities of courses, including changes to course, venues, facilities or dates of programs where circumstances beyond our control necessitate such changes or where the level of bookings received does not reach the minimum number required to operate a course viably. In this event, BSL shall either provide comparable services or refund such part of that service which relates to the change. In either case, BSL’s liabilities shall cease and clients shall have no other or further claim against BSL.
8.2 BSL reserves the right, by giving notice to clients at any time before the start date, to increase the price of the service being provided to reflect any increase in costs to BSL, which is due to factors beyond BSL’s control, such as, without limitations, significant increase in accommodation costs, transport costs, labor costs etc. BSL does not accept liability for personal injury or the death of any student unless caused by the proven negligence of BSL or its servants.
8.3 Provision by BSL of the services outlined in this document and other promotional material, is dependent on receipt of a completed liability disclaimer form, health information sheet and the student's acceptance of the various rules imposed by BSL.
8.4 Any complaints against any aspect of the services provided by BSL should be addressed in the first instance to the local representative on site. In the event that the matter is not resolved, the client or his agent should make an immediate complaint in writing to BSL’s main office. All complaints will be investigated by the school and may be subject to an appropriate refund provided that the complaint is deemed to be valid, the complaint received within one month of the end of the course and that all fees and costs associated with the booking had been settled in full as laid out in the details above.
9. Approval to use image, video & and printed material BSL may take photographs and/or videos during the stay for promotional purposes. By agreeing to appear in any photographs/videos, the student agrees that BSL may use these images to promote their products and surrenders any right to royalties. To request that a specific image be removed from the public domain because it is felt inappropriate, contact BSL in writing.
10. Liability and Force Majeure BSL do not accept any liability for the loss of damage of any property belonging to students. BSL accept no responsibility for losses or additional expenses in the event of cancellation (whether whole or part) or change due to acts, omissions, or accidents beyond the reasonable control of BSL, including, without limitations, delays in travel services, obligatory compliance with any government order, rule, direction or regulation, an Act of God, riots and/or civil commotion, war or hostilities, acts of terrorism, invasion, explosion, accident, fire, flood, lightning, storm, illness, widespread disease or infection.
Business English from $540 – Brooklyn School of Languages (New York, United States) – Reviews of language school – Free bookingThis course is designed for Upper Intermediate to Advanced learners of English who work or are planning a career in
business, i.e. college students, recent graduates and working professionals. http://blangua.com/courses/739-business-english
16 Court Street Brooklyn, NY 11241,
WHY CHOOSE A HOMESTAY? Living as part of an English speaking household is the best way to truly immerse yourself in the language and culture. You will be practicing the English you have learned every day with other English speakers, which means that you will never stop learning and improving your fluency. It is also a great chance to build relationships with people living in New York and share their lifestyle.
St. George residence
WHY CHOOSE TO STAY IN A STUDENT RESIDENCE? This option is ideal if you like to be independent and prefer to stay in a lively, international environment. St. George welcomes thousands of students every year: some stay for a full year while they study at a university, others stay for a few weeks during a short course. The residence’s common areas have been recently refurbished and offer clean, modern facilities. Furthermore, it is within walking distance from school, making your stay an easy and comfortable one. If you are travelling with a friend, twin rooms are available to share.
LOCATION The St. George residence is located in the center of Brooklyn Heights on Clark Street, about an 8-minute walk from the school, 5-minute walk from the Brooklyn Heights Promenade, and 1 subway stop from Manhattan. It is on the site of the former St. George Hotel. 4 subway lines (A, C, 2, 3) are located just a few minutes’ walk from the residence. There are plenty of restaurants, bars and cafes in the area around the residence.
AMENITIES All students staying at St. George have access to a cutting-edge, 8,300-square foot student community center located on the building’s main floor. There is a state-of-the-art communal kitchen, a screening room to watch movies, and a recreational area with a pool table and flat screen TVs. All students are eligible for a complimentary membership to the Eastern Athletic Club located next door, which includes an indoor pool and gym facilities.
All rooms are fully furnished with beds, desks and wardrobes/dressers that maximize living space. Every room has a private bathroom. There is free Wi-Fi access, cable television, refrigerator, microwave, and local phone service in every room. Bed linens are included but students must provide their own towels.
Other features include:
Live-in Student Life staff
Key card entrance to residences and rooms
24-hour access to iPads in the lobby
Unlimited local and long distance phone service
On-site laundry room
ATM in building
Choose another option
The program is organized in weekly modules that include:
Emailing and phone skills
Minimum Length of Program: 1 week - 5 days per week (Mon-Fri)
Lesson Length: 45 min
Placement test: Monday 8:45am-9:45am
Lessons: Monday to Thursday 9:00am-1:15pm Friday 9:00am-12:15pm
Course Materials: Included in the course fees.
Certificate upon course completion.
For advanced only Min language level:C1. Upper-intermediate
For better results 22lessons per week
About Brooklyn School of Languages
Welcome to the Brooklyn School of Languages, where you will immediately feel like part of the family!