The Dublin School of English was established and recognised by the Irish Department of Education and Science (ACELS/NQAI) in 1968. We are the oldest English Language School in Ireland.
The DSE is an independent, family run not-for-profit school. Our aim is to provide you with a high quality product, excellent service at the best possibly value for money. We are not a part of a chain of schools, so your satisfaction is important to us.
We manage over 3,000 bookings per year and have been established over 43 years. We have a wide range of programmes available for individuals as well as specialist group bookings.
Our city centre school is open all year round and we also have a summer centreoffering courses for juniors, teenagers, young adults as well as family groups.
All our packages are complete with no hidden extra charges:
- English lessons at 7 levels from complete beginner to advanced and proficiency
- Textbooks and course materials
- School bag with information & welcome pack
- Graded certificate of attendance
- Course registration fees
- Accommodation booking fees
- Internet access (Wi-Fi)Media library, book library and study rooms
- Support service (in case of problems with immigration, jobs, accommodation, landlords, etc)
- We emphasise a student centred approach, and are always available to help and advise.
Check out our course listings here. Remember we are always happy to tailor a package to suit your needs. Just ask.
As part of our commitment to social responsibility we operate an access programme for overseas students.
Open all year around.
Dollard House is ideally located in the city centre overlooking the River Liffey and backing onto the bustling and vibrant ‘old town’ of Temple Bar.
Our School boasts 28 classrooms, an academic reception, fully equipped library, student room, private study rooms and a computer room. Free Wi-Fi access is also available.
Being in the city centre, we are within walking distance of all public transport services as well as the main shopping areas, bars and restaurants that have made Temple Bar famous.